The ultimate quick fire questionnaire for the music and creative minded!
We get under the skin of some of our favourite directors, musicians and bands to reveal what makes them tick musically and creatively, from their favourite band to the latest book in their hand!
Next up is LA based director Eva Michon of LIEF! Known for her effortless blend of style and comedy with relatable and beautiful storytelling across her commercial work and short films.
Never girly, Eva brings her punk sensibility to the music videos she has directed for bands including Head Wound City, Deep Valley and rock duo Death From Above 1979 (for which Eva is married to the drummer, Sebastian) and artists including Harrisson and Miya Folick.
Eva gives us an insight into some of her favourite musicians, films and more, that will leave you with a smile on your face. Enjoy!
photo credit: Jacqueline DiMilia.
1. What bands or artists are you listening to most right now?
Bo Diddley, Kazu Makino, John Coltrane, Part Time.
2. What was the first record you bought?
The Bends, Radiohead.
3. What Radio Station do you listen to?
Sunday nights in LA Henry Rollins' show on 89.9 "Fanatic".
4. What was the last gig you saw?
Lael Neale at Zebulon in LA.
5. Favourite Music Video?
Maybe: Chemical Brothers "Hey Boy, Hey Girl" or Bjork "Triumph of A Heart"
6. Favourite album cover?
Nilsson Sings Newman.
7. What's your go to Karaoke song?
I don't have a go-to but I was thinking next I'd like to try Annie Lennox "No More I Love You's".
8. What song gets you on the dance floor?
Can't resist "Born Slippy".
9. Favourite movie & soundtrack?
10. If you could direct a music video for any artist/band, who would it be?
11. Film director idol?
Right now Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger.
12. What can’t you live without?
13. What did you last have to eat?
Husband's fresh sourdough with oil and salt.
14. What are you reading at the moment?
POLAND by James Michener.
15. Anything you want to tell us about?
I'm currently editing a film / visual album I just shot with Lief for one of my favourite artists, Kazu Makino (of Blonde Redhead). Look out for her incredible solo album ADULT BABY later this year.
Thank you Eva!